Sisters Hope Foundation provides financial assistance to ALSP patients for medical expenses and medical travel directly related to ALSP. The program is on an as needed basis and provides financial assistance with co-pays, deductibles and services not covered or services denied by your insurance company.
We can help pay for:
- Treatment-related co-pays, deductibles, and services not covered or denied by your insurance company.
- Prescription medication related to prescribed treatment and over the counter medication.
- Medical equipment including cane, walker and/or wheelchair. Incontinence products.
- Travel expenses directly related to a clinical neurology appointment within your “home” country or within a reasonable distance of your “home” country. May include; airfare, hotel, rental car or rideshare, food and drinks.
Program Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for Financial Assistance, you must
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. territory. Exceptions may apply and will be approved on an as needed basis.
- Have medical insurance and provide proof of insurance.
- Have an ALSP diagnosis (CSF1R mutation) confirmed by a genetic test. Must provide proof of CSF1R mutation.
Note: These programs are for patients and their families who reside in the United States, but exceptions will be reviewed. SHF’s ability to help outside of the US is limited. However, we will review and consider all requests.
- Due to the extremely high cost of certain medical procedures including bone marrow transplant, SHF is not able to offer financial assistance when insurance denies coverage for this procedure.
- Medical insurance premiums are not an eligible expense for reimbursement.
- For more information and how to apply, click the link below.